Friday, March 7, 2008

People just like you and I are out there...

Maybe this should be titled "People just like you and ME are out there..." and I'm sure someone will correct me on it. If that's how you spend your time, correcting obscure blogger's gramatical errors, then I hope you have a high paying job and can afford to pay your friends.

To make my point, there are a bunch of us who like to publish our frequent bad beat stories and rare successes on this thing that Al Gore invented. Just check out the Battle of the Bloggers on Full Tilt Poker. I had no idea that such a thing existed, then thebmorekid tells me that there is a series of 5 tournaments a week for 13 WEEKS!!!! And all it is are tournaments hosted by bloggers for the right to be named king of the bloggers (and go to the WSOP main event). I don't know about you, but being named King of the Bloggers is kind of like being named the best one-legged hooker. I mean, take a look at the population you're being compared to. But alas, I am a blogger by virtue of the fact that I type my thoughts into this computer and publish them on the internet for any random passer by to read. From what I've seen, there aren't many random passer's by, but I'm having some fun anyway.

Since my posts from the last few weeks have sounded about as exciting as the waning moments of Leaving Las Vegas, I should let you know that I cashed last night in my 2nd Battle of the Bloggers tournament. Now keep in mind, I didn't win any money, but I did get points, and as thebmorekid says, "points are all that matter." I don't know if I agree with him, but I lasted longer than him and jmlabrie18, the only other two Bmore Brawlers or OMRounders in the event. So that's gotta be good for something, maybe a toy from a cracker jack box or the free newspaper they keep delivering to my house. But it's something, right?!?!?

Anyway, this weekend is crazy, fantasy baseball draft and poker tournament on Saturday followed by the SHOW on Sunday. I'll post something else about the SHOW, but it is hands down, the best home game rebuy tournament I've ever played in and it's filled with enough donkeys to take you, your family, and your distant relatives down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back.

No comments: