Monday, January 7, 2008

Early Jan. 7

So this is the first post of 2008. So far I've played in one cash game this year and made it on to Full Tilt (FT) every day. My routine has been to play enough online each night to get my FT points and qualify for Ironman. Then, on Sunday's, I try to satellite into the 750k guarantee. Today was frustrating. I bubbled in two satellites to the $50 qualifier and then busted in a third for a net loss of $5. Then I managed to earn a $26 token, but only after the 2:15 35 seat guarantee had started. I still bought into that one and a $50 sat.

$50 Sat - I never put any chips together, but managed to nurse my short stack until I had no choice, finishing about 35th out of 120. Alas, seats were only given to the top 27.

$26 Sat - I was frustrated with how I played this one. I was steadily accumulating chips when I called a short stack's push on the flop with AQ. I hadn't hit, but reasoned that he could push with anything because he was so short. Unfortunately for me, he had something and that chopped about 20% of my stack out. Another revolution or two and I picked up KK, ultimately having to fold when a 4 flush and one-card straight showed on the board. Bye-bye to another 50% of my stack. I won a hand or two and stayed afloat until I ran my 99 into JJ on an 8 high board. I didn't like losing because I kept telling myself that he had JJ or TT based on the way the hand played.

I did manage to win about $50 in a 25-50 cash game session while trying to qualify, but had to quit that when I busted out of the tourneys because I had to help grocery shop and get some stuff to the storage unit.

Tonight, when we finally go the kids to bed, I sat down and had one of my better sessions. I played 2 25-50 cash games and cashed for about $60. I also managed to win another $26 token in a $6 6-man SNG. So I should be loaded up for next week's attempts at the $750k guarantee.

This week I'm also hoping to build on my cash game success from a week ago, finally getting off the schneid a little bit. I should host a game on Tuesday and then hope to make it to Kori's on Thursday for some real craziness.

1 comment:

thebmorekid said...

If we could just teach those kids how to calculate pot odds, life would be so much easier. I'm sure you already know this, but FT has a new promotion with IronMan. Earn at least one point everyday during a month and get in a 2k freeroll or 15 extra medals. I've already missed for January, but I'm sure you are on track...