Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Quick Update

I'm sitting here getting ready for dinner with my Dad and thought I'd post a quick update. First, I've added a link to Full Tilt Poker, the main site I play on. If you don't have an account, click on the link, create an account, and hopefully I'll see you at the final table.

It's been an interestingly boring week this week. I know that's an oxymoronic statement, but let me explain.

On Sunday night we had a 9 hour home cash game with 15 players. We played 50-1, and had the usual suspects present. I managed to get up early, then bleed it away from about midnight until 3 am. We got shorthanded when the Punisher and thebmorekid decided to head home at 3:15. 4-handed I managed to pick up some decent sized pots and avoid a losing session. All told, I played 9 hours and won $11. Better than a loss, but not by much. It's all one big long session after all....

I played some online and have been steadily growing the online bankroll. A winning 10 cent-25 cent Omaha Hi-Lo session followed by some small wins playing 25-50 and 50-1 NLHE and I'm up to $1,144. Not to mention I've managed to move into a decent early lead over thebmorekid in our year long bet. (I promise, I'll make a post detailing the terms of the bet some other time)

That brings me to last night's home game where we had a full table playing 25-50. I lost an early pot when my flopped boat wasn't good enough to beat Poo Poo's turned boat. But those things happen against him. A year ago, even six months ago, I would have gone on tilt and probably been well on my way to a $200 loss. This time I managed to keep my cool, rebought for another $80 and picked up a few decent pots to log a $35 win for the night.

So as I said initially, it has been interestingly boring this week. No big wins or losses, but lots of little victories both in terms of winning some money as well as making good decisions and managing myself and my psyche at the table.

Tonight is the Bmore Brawl on Full Tilt where I'll try to navigate through G-Unit, Eurotrash, thebmorekid, Punisher, nycboss, and a host of other villains in an attempt to take down the most important tournament of each week. Click on thebmorekid link on the right to see more details about last week's tournament.

1 comment:

thebmorekid said...

there is a way to put a banner on your site for FTP (I put one on mine) it's on the affiliate's page...